Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Westside Goodbyes

Last school year, I blogged about my incredible experiences at Westside here. This year, I'm trying to get through it without being emotional. Simply put, Westside is the best school with truly THE best teachers {and the rest of the faculty & staff} out there. I feel so lucky to have worked with such amazing people who sacrifice for the good of their students. They are willing to do whatever it takes {regardless of the extra time away from their own families} for their students and the school. I have been on the receiving end of so much help from these talented friends of mine and I will miss our lunch conversations, run-ins in the copy room, pranks, even collaboration! :) It really hit me the last week of school that I won't be returning next year, and it made me take in every one of my last moments at Westside. Every second teaching in my own classroom. Each instance with my sweet students who have been my life for the past year. My last lunches and run-ins with my friends. When you're as sentimental as me, goodbyes are extremely hard, especially when you have such incredible people around you. I am looking forward to my future visits back at Westside, as well as many visitors in Texas. Thank you for your friendship and profound influence on me as a person and teacher. Thank you to the amazing students that I had the opportunity to teach, and the sweetest parents out there. {Who threw me surprise bridal showers, birthday parties, pep rallies, and so on!} You will all be missed greatly!

Here's a quick look at my school year!

Our program: If the World Were a Village

Halloween 2012: Superteachers

Apryl came back for a visit! :)

I love that cute class of mine! We always loved when Mr. Kevin could come in!


Teacher Appreciation Week was over the top thanks to our wonderful room mom and the Petersons! Thanks for all the fun things and especially the "Pep Rally" that we will all never forget! You guys are the greatest!

They rented this outfit! I was dying!




{From last year but...} The best facilitator (& one of my favorite people) and the wonderful Duvalls at my wedding.

Love this team of mine! Thank you for your friendship and support! I am lucky to have worked with you all!

I seriously laughed and cried when I showed up on my last day at Westside to this hilariousness. I will miss these wonderful people!


No comments:

Post a Comment